Indonesia invests Rp18 trillion for development of S. Korea fighter aircraft

08 January, 2016 | Source: Antara News

Jakarta (ANTARA News) - The Indonesian government is investing Rp18 trillion through a cost sharing agreement (CSA) with South Korea for the development of KF-X/IF-X fighter aircraft.

"We are spending a total of Rp18 trillion," Defense Minister Ryamizard Ryacudu stated here on Thursday.

The Rp18 trillion funds account for 20 percent of the total value of the project where South Korea will finance the remaining 80 percent of the total cost.

The Rp18 trillion investment funds will be used to build three prototypes of the fighter aircraft, noted Ryamizard.

Two prototypes will be built in South Korea and the other in Indonesia.

Besides the three prototypes, two squadrons of the same fighter aircraft will also be built for Indonesia.

The production of two squadrons of KF-X/IF-Xs designed for Indonesia will be financed using different funds. The production is expected to be completed in 2025.

The construction of the prototypes will involve Indonesian scientists and technicians.

"Two will be built there, and the development team for the first prototype will constitute 20 percent Indonesian technicians and scientists. The development team for the second prototype will comprise 50 percent Indonesians, while the third one will be built by a team having 80 percent Indonesians," the defense minister emphasized.

The latest generation KF-X/IF-X fighter aircraft is to be jointly produced by South Korea and Indonesia.

"It is a 4.5 generation aircraft, more advanced than an F-16," noted Ryamizard.

He remarked that all components were developed in South Korea without involving other companies from the United States or France.

"It will be developed and completed in South Korea," he added.

 

 

Indonesian oil and gas company Pertamina and Omani company Overseas Oil & Gas (OOG) here on Monday expressed commitment to developing the Grass Root Refinery (GRR) project or constructing a new refinery in Bontang, East Kalimantan.
Member countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) are expected to open their markets for startup companies from the region, especially unicorn startups, to boost development of the regional digital economy.
Indonesia, through the Ministry of Trade, is seeking to expand markets for its crude palm oil (CPO) products and derivatives to new export destinations in the Middle East, South Asia, and other regions.
North Maluku Cultural Heritage Preservation Agency (BPCB) explored the legacy of prehistoric rock art in the form of hand-drawn paintings and other motifs on walls of caves on Kisar Island, Southwest Maluku District, Maluku Province.
Executive Director of the BI Communication Department Agusman said that Indonesia`s national economy posted solid growth in the third quarter of 2018, namely 5.17 percent (yoy), on the back of domestic demand.
President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) talked about the role of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to promote inclusivity and reduce inequality in the globalization era, during the working lunch of the APEC Summit in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, on Sunday.
Address: 1068 Budapest, Városligeti fasor 26. | MAP |
Phone: (+36-1) 413 3800 Fax: (+36-1) 322 8669
E-mail: embassy@indonesianembassy.hu